« | Main | Murphy up 6 in Connecticut Senate race »

September 26, 2012

Comments

Feed You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post.

Pealerl

I find the numbers very interesting, too bad they are skewed way out of sync! This poll used a sample of 43% democrat, 26% republican and 32% other. The percentages that should have been used are 37% democrat, 21% republican and 42% other. I wonder what the real results should have read since the report is that the other is breaking by some 58% for the republican? I suspect a fairly close election.

Molly

Thank goodness the people in CT have woken up!I was so confused the last few months. It seemed as if the people of CT were falling for this woman's scam & that's all it was. I am a devout Republican and had the opportunity to speak with her about some issues that are close to my heart. I came away so discouraged because Linda McMahon was completely out of her depth as far as these issues went. Even my 6th grader was more knowledgeable than she! So sad, but I've also spoken with Chris Murphy and he is encyclopedic. He's not a movie star or sharp dresser, but he knows these issues inside and out. There's just no comparison. I'd love to vote for a Republican, but she's so out of the loop it's a little scary.

Thomas

Pealerl: The 2008 electorate was 43% democrat 26% republican and 31% independent...so this polling sample was not biased.

I love you, imaginationland.

No that isn't right either. The One True Sample is 2% Democrats, 67% GOP and 31% other. Other is breaking for the GOP at a rate of Ham Sandwich to one, which guarantees not only a Republican landslide but also deliciousness!

Jay

My newly released JJJ poll has McMahon with an 18 point lead over Murphy. Like the recent UCONN/Hartford Courant poll and this PPP Poll my poll is truly unbiased, objective and fair too.

paulc

Only the Quinnipiac poll has McMahon ahead. The other three major polls show Murphy ahead by a margin of 2-6%. You GOP drones can quote imaginary statistics all you like, but the reality in THIS state is that even a respected Republican always has an uphill battle in any election, and McMahon is anything but. Smells like a dem victory to me...

Verify your Comment

Previewing your Comment

This is only a preview. Your comment has not yet been posted.

Working...
Your comment could not be posted. Error type:
Your comment has been saved. Comments are moderated and will not appear until approved by the author. Post another comment

The letters and numbers you entered did not match the image. Please try again.

As a final step before posting your comment, enter the letters and numbers you see in the image below. This prevents automated programs from posting comments.

Having trouble reading this image? View an alternate.

Working...

Post a comment

Comments are moderated, and will not appear until the author has approved them.

PPP POLLS BY YEAR: 2006-2014

We came to PPP after a public poll in the San Jose Mayoral race showed our opponent ahead by 8 points. They found our candidate (Sam Liccardo) ahead by 3 points and that allowed us to be able to push back with the press against the perception that our opponent was now a strong favorite in the race. Sam ended up winning by 2 points and is now the next Mayor of San Jose. PPP worked very fast and had a very accurate read on the electorate when we needed them
–Eric Jaye, Storefront Political Media.

For more information on hiring PPP for your polling needs click here

Among the Best Pollsters, Year after Year.

2014 :
Rated Most Accurate Pollster in Governor’s Races Nationally

2012 :
Correctly predicted the winner of every state in the Presidential race, and the winner of every major Senate race

2010 :
First pollster to predict Scott Brown’s upset win over Martha Coakley in the Massachusetts Senate race, only pollster to predict Christine O’Donnell’s upset victory over Mike Castle in the Delaware Republican Senate primary.

2008 :
Ranked by the Wall Street Journal as the 2nd most accurate swing state pollster in the Presidential election.


WSJ Graphic

CONTACT US

Public Policy Polling
2912 Highwoods Blvd., Suite 201
Raleigh, NC 27604
Phone: 888.621.6988

Questions or Comments?
Email Us

RECENT POSTS

Categories

HIRE PPP

Dean Debnam Dean Debnam
Public Policy Polling CEO

PPP is best known for putting out highly accurate polling on key political races across the country, but we also do affordable private research for candidates and organizations.  Why pay tens of thousands of dollars for a survey when one of the most reliable companies in the nation can do it for less?"

Learn more about working
with PPP for your next project >

FOLLOW US

Facebook Facebook
Twitter Twitter
RSS Feed RSS Reader
Email Sign up: New Polling Data email